Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Troubleshooting Wastewater Treatment Plant

I'm writing an article at the moment on troubleshooting wastewater treatment plant. I'm also doing a fair amount of the real thing at the moment. I'm gathering and analysing data on one of the underloaded plants I have been looking at for some time, and I have a new enquiry in for a new underperforming plant.

I'm on my second pass through my new book on water and wastewater treatment plant design, informed by my years of troubleshooting badly specified, designed, operated or maintained sewage and effluent treatment plant.

I don't have a lot of expert witness work in at present, but I'd rather be an engineer with a side-line in expert witness work than the other way round. In my last court appearance, "the other side's barrister" questioned my experience as an expert witness, and I pointed out that I was an expert engineer, rather than an expert in being an expert as so many in my field are.  

I am fully trained in all aspects of expert witness work, and I do a few cases a year, but mostly, I am a practising engineer, who only acts as an expert in cases to do with my professional practice. 

No comments: